With a composite kitchen sink your kitchen will definitely get noticed by your guests. You really have the kitchen that everybody dreams about! So, if you are thinking of buying a new kitchen sink, count a composite kitchen sink in! As the name implies, composite kitchen sinks are made of composite materials that are solid and long lasting. They are indeed built for style and durability. The way they are constructed is much more better than their predecessors. They look easy on the eyes and they have become better in almost every aspect over the years. New composite kitchen sinks have all the desirable traits of a present day sink and stand intact even under severe punishments.
Selecting the best composite kitchen sink might be quite confusing as they are so many types of them to choose from. Generally there are 3 types of composite kitchen sinks depending on its construction materials; granite, quartz and polyester/acrylic.
Granite-based composite kitchen sinks are the most durable available on the market today. They have been popular in European countries and making inroads in the US market. Even though these composite kitchen sinks are quite expensive but they offer the best resistance against chemical and abrasion. The high concentration of particles at the surface of sink increases its lastingness. If you favor a shiny look, you should look for other types of composite kitchen sinks as granite-based sinks are only offered in matte finishes.
Polyester/acrylic composite kitchen sinks are made from less solid materials compared to their counterparts. As such they are less durable and have higher chances of getting chipped when hit by a hard object. However in terms of appearance, they score higher than the other types. This is the reason why they are the preferred choice among woman home owners. Not only that, the choice of colors is also numerous. These types of composite kitchen sinks are not only easy on the eyes but also easy on the pocket as they usually cost lesser than the other two types.
Compared to polyester/acrylic based, quartz composite kitchen sinks offer a more solid and long lasting surface. This is because 70% of their material is quartz and the other 30% is the binding resins. These sinks will withstand the wear and tear of daily use and can easily stand up to abrasive dish cleaning chemical that can tarnish other sinks. Like polyester/acrylic, quartz composite kitchen sinks come in a mixture of colors. As the color is consistent throughout,
the original color of the material won't fade. Quartz composite kitchen sinks are available in many shapes such as big and medium bowls. Some of them even come with preparatory sinks and bar. A Quartz composite sink can conveniently be positioned from either above or beneath the counter. However, with some styles this kind of sink does not offer the shiny finish that is usually available in a cast iron sink.
This is the only downside of this kind of composite kitchen sink. There are lots of configurations and designs to choose from and with so many options you'll be sure to find one that fits your style to create a look for you. To make your kitchen look even more amazing, couple this with an exquisite pewter faucet. These types of kitchen sinks are a must buy for every home. You will enjoy the peace of mind realizing how good this product is. When everything is considered, composite kitchen sinks are the best choice of kitchen sinks you can ever have, hands down.